What is it?
AnthChecker is an advanced unrealscript-based packagechecker. It will detect a series of cheats that can't be blocked.
Please take a few minutes to read this document, it will spare you and me a lot of trouble.
What does it do?
AnthChecker will validate every client (including clients that run Linux/MacOS) after they enter the server. Depending on the server's settings AnthChecker will:
- Perform selfchecks to prevent clients from redirecting/bypassing the checking routines
- Perform CRC (Type 1) checks on files that should be identical on the server and on the client (files like UTPure.u)
- Perform CRC (Type 2) checks to identify the client's skintextures and kick if they're hacked
- Perform MD5 checks to identify the client's renderdevice and kick if it's hacked
- Perform MD5 checks to identify the client's libraries and kick if they're hacked
- Scan for disallowed files
To install AnthChecker on your server:
1. Unzip the contents of this zip package in your server's system folder.
2. Open your server's unrealtournament.ini file and find the line that reads "[Engine.GameEngine]".
3. Add these lines under it:
4. Move to the end of your UT.ini file and add these lines
(you can find the explanation of the settings under 4) Settings):
[AnthCheckerS_<ver>.ACActor] bKickUnknownRenderer=true bKickUnknownLibrary=true bBroadCastJoin=true bBroadCastIPs=false bExternalNotify=false bSelfCheck=true bPureCheck=true bEUTCheck=false bSkinCheck=true bSoundCheck=true bShowConsoleMessages=true TimeOut=30 CheckDelay=3.0 bReportCheats=True bReceiveUpdates=True bExternalLogs=true LogPrefix= LogPath=
5. Restart your server
Note: replace <ver> by the version of AnthChecker you've installed. (replace it by v133 if you've installed v1.33 etc)
You can easily change the AnthChecker settings by opening your server's ini file and changing the lines you added at the end.
bKickUnknownRenderer : set to false if you don't want to kick clients with an unknown renderdevice bKickUnknownLibraries: set to false if you don't want to kick clients with unknown libraries bBroadCastJoin : set to false if you don't want to broadcast every client's nickname/renderdevice/operating system after the validation bBroadCastIPs : set to true if you want to add the client's IP's to the bBroadCastJoin messages bExternalNotify : set to true if you want AnthChecker to send playerjoin reports to other mods (requires compatible mod) bSelfCheck : set to false if you don't want to perform a crc check on the anthchecker client package bPureCheck : set to false if you don't want to perform a crc check on the utpure package bEUTCheck : set to true if you want to perform a crc check on the EUT package bSkinCheck : set to false if you don't want to perform crc checks on the skintextures bSoundCheck : set to false if you don't want to perform a crc check on the female2voice package bShowConsoleMessages : set to false if you don't want to display what's going on in the client's console bReceiveUpdates : set to false if you don't want to receive info about new renderdevices from the AnthChecker masterserver bReportCheats : set to false if you don't want AnthChecker to report cheating attempts to the AnthChecker masterserver TimeOut : ammount of time the client gets to finish the checks (in seconds) CheckDelay : ammount of time between the playerjoin and the start of the checks (in seconds) Packages[x] : you can manually add files to crc (type 1) check here syntax: <file extension>,<filename>,<packagepercent (1-255)> (*) bExternalLogs : set to false if you don't want to log AnthChecker's kicks to external files LogPrefix : Prefix of the external logfiles (default: [AC]) LogPath : The path in which the external logfiles are stored (default: ../Logs/) !! Important !!: Due to the limitations of the unreal engine, you're not advised to manually add files. If you do decide to do so, use a small packagepercent, UT will usually crash after crc checking 10Mb of data. (*) if for example you want to perform a crc type 1 check on the 10 first bytes of every 255-byte block of CTF-Gauntlet.unr, you'd have to add "unr,CTF-Gauntlet,10" (without the quotes)
- [Added] Malformed string servercrasher fix
- [Added] OS Checking bypass kick (kicktype 10)
- [Changed] Rewrote a part of the HTTP client for better stability
- [Changed] Removed an instruction in the HTTP Client that might have caused crashes on some linux servers
- [Added] Options ACLinkMode and ACDelay. These options can be used by those who experience problems with the auto-updates.
- [Fixed] Bug that prevented the manual package adding option from working.
- [Changed] Disabled the cachecleaner for MacOS. This will resolve type 3 kicks on MacOS 9.x.
- [Fixed] Security flaw in the clientcode. Could have been used to redirect CRC Checks.
- [Fixed] Timeout issues caused by a typo in the serverside code.
- [Added] Option bKickUnknownSound
- [Added] Option bKickUnknownSkin
- [Changed] Minor security update in the clientcode
- [Changed] Improved the active renderdevice detection (should resolve some type 1 kicks)
- [Changed] Some improvements in the actor code
- [Added] Hashes for a lot of libraries (UTCacheCleaner, UTWinAmp, UTDCv17b, OldUnreal MediaPatches, UT v436 Linux, Editor binaries)
- [Added] Posibility to broadcast playerjoins to other mods (bExternalNotify option)
- [Added] bEUTCheck option
- [Added] bExternalLogs option
- [Fixed] Bug in the HTTP updating code
- [Fixed] Bug that caused timeouts if bGUIDCheck was still in the ini file
- [Fixed] Critical bug in the packet handler that caused random timeouts for some players
- [Added] Packet handler that allows the client to send long strings to the server without making it crash
- [Added] Extra selfchecks to prevent CRC redirection
- [Added] New hashes
- [Added] Option CheckDelay to specify the number of seconds between the playerjoin and the start of the checks
- [Added] Checks to detect illegal libraries loaded by the client, some cheatcoders use this exploit to bypass UTDC
- [Added] Option bKickUnknownLibrary
- [Added] Server receives updated library whitelists from the masterserver (only if bReceiveUpdates is set to true)
- [Changed] Option bKickUnknown renamed to bKickUnknownRenderer
- [Changed] AC no longer uses a mutator for client-server communication
- [Changed] Removed Type 8 (GUID) kick
- [Changed] Clients can see which files are being checked by AnthChecker
- [Changed] Rewrote some routines for better performance
- [Changed] Forced the client to regenerate GUID if it's not valid
- [Changed] New cache cleaner code for mac/linux -> no more reconnect window
- [Fixed] Type 1 kicks caused by a bug in the pathsparser
- [Fixed] Some false type 7 (disallowed files) kicks
- [Fixed] MacOS issues
- [Fixed] Some false GUID kicks
- [Added] New renderhashes
- [Changed] Rewrote some laggy core routines
- [Changed] bSkinCheck now picks 2 random skins to check instead of 7
- [Fixed] Players getting kicktype 8 because of the slow connection between the UT server and the masterserver
- [Fixed] Illegal GUID's for linux clients with v451
- [Changed] Linux/Mac Cachecleaner can move multiple files at one time
- [Added] Routine to find cached files even when the cache.ini file is corrupted
- [Added] Option bBroadCastIPs
- [Added] AnthChecker version gets logged to the external logs
- [Changed] Players get to see the URL of my forum + AnthChecker version/build when they get kicked
v1.25 (Internal) :
- [Added] Extra GUID check
v1.24 (Internal) :
- [Fixed] bug in masterserver encryption
- [Fixed] bug in the skinidentification (players with unknown skins were allowed to enter the server)
- [Fixed] Linux/Mac timeouts
- [Fixed] Critical bug that broke every mutator loaded after AnthChecker (this also affected SmartCTF/BDBMapVote/3dfxmapvote/...)
- [Fixed] bug that caused a lot of type 1 kicks (failed to generate checksum) for cached files (only happened for clients with corrupted cache.ini files)
- [Added] options LogPath and LogPrefix for the external logs
- [Added] Support for clients that have multiple system/textures/... folders
- [Added] Blocked "EnhancedSkins"
- [Added] New hashes for several renderers
- [Added] GUID verification (so far, this is only used for the masterserver)
- [Added] AnthChecker automaticly adds itself to the serverpackages list if needed
- [Changed] names of the Ref1 skins to Ref 1/Warez
v1.23 (Public) :
- First public release
- Azazel & UnrealAdmin : for hosting the UTGL masterserver and the forum
- Nuffy & Magma : for providing gamearena.co.uk betatest servers
- Cratos : for providing renderdevices and a betatest server
- TNSe : for advice/ideas/help
- Just_Me : for advice/ideas/help
- Sardukar : for advice/ideas/help
- Obsidian & Rush & Neopythe : for linux betatesting
- ZorroTheFox & The_Dave : for MacOS betatesting
- Petr Jelinek : for the original MD5 code
- The initial build of this version only include hashes for UTDCv16b and UTDCv17. This results in a hacked file error for other versions of UTDC. This will be fixed in a second build of the serveractor.
- If all players are kicked from the server after 30 seconds this is because a line is missing from the AnthChecker configuration section in the server.ini. You need to add the line bGUIDCheck=True (thanks Maj for pointing this out).
- Timeouts might occur after the 32th player join. This is a critical bug. Serveradmins are advised to upgrade to v1.34 asap
- In some cases AnthChecker might fail to correctly identify packages. This might result in false kicks. Especially servers with custom skinpackages might be affected by this issue. Serveradmins are advised to upgrade to v1.34 asap.
- Clients using the sound files of the french version of UT are rejected (maybe other languages also).
- Fails to generate checksums if multiple copies of a file can be found in the client's defined paths.
- Client gets illegal checksum error when AnthChecker package is corrupted.
- Timeouts occur when other mutators like the latest version of x3dfxmapvote (v2.5c) break the mutatorchain.
- Macintosh clients will get a kicktype 1 and fail to generate a checksum for AnthCheckerC_v129.
- Linux servers might crash with the "Signal: SIGSEGV [segmentation fault]" message in the log. It is advised to upgrade to AnthChecker 1.30.
- Illegal GUIDs/Kick type 8 :
Cause : This usually occurs when UT has been moved from one computer to another or the GUID file in System has become corrupted. Fix : Delete the GUID file in your System and try to reconnect.
- Ref 1/Warez Shadow skins. Concerns commandoskins, Female1Skins, Soldierskins.
### ----------- Additional information ----------- ### - KickType : 3 ### - AnthChecker : v1.29 (Build 1) ### - Reason : Illegal checksum received (bytehack)! ### - File : commandoskins ### - Checksum : -2075833859 ### - StdChecksum : 148560457 ### - FileSize : 4318050 ### - Ident : HACKED - CommandoSkins - Ref 1/Warez ### - Status : F / F / F / F ### -------------------------------------------------
- Illegal GUID.
### ----------- Additional information ----------- ### - KickType : 8 ### - AnthChecker : v1.29 (Build 1) ### - Reason : Illegal GUID! ### - Received : WVINa37a33/2:/4227a3;<5:<74a40517_1787863388
Demo playback problems
You may obtain an error message like the following when playing back a demo.
AnthChecker: AnthChecker v1.31 (Build 1) AnthChecker: ----------------------------------------- AnthChecker: Checking Operating System ScriptWarning: ACReplicationInfo DM-Liandri.ACReplicationInfo0 (Function AnthCheckerC_v131.ACReplicationInfo.��:00BA) Accessed None AnthChecker: Checking Paths AnthChecker: Renderdevice Check - Stage 1 ScriptWarning: ACReplicationInfo DM-Liandri.ACReplicationInfo0 (Function AnthCheckerC_v131.ACReplicationInfo.��:00BA) Accessed None AnthChecker: Renderdevice Check - Stage 2 ScriptWarning: ACReplicationInfo DM-Liandri.ACReplicationInfo0 (Function AnthCheckerC_v131.ACReplicationInfo.��:00BA) Accessed None AnthChecker: Self Integrity Check - Stage 1 ScriptWarning: ACReplicationInfo DM-Liandri.ACReplicationInfo0 (Function AnthCheckerC_v131.ACReplicationInfo.��:00BA) Accessed None AnthChecker: Self Integrity Check - Stage 2 ScriptWarning: ACReplicationInfo DM-Liandri.ACReplicationInfo0 (Function AnthCheckerC_v131.ACReplicationInfo.��:00BA) Accessed None AnthChecker: Self Integrity Check - Stage 3 ScriptWarning: ACReplicationInfo DM-Liandri.ACReplicationInfo0 (Function AnthCheckerC_v131.ACReplicationInfo.�:0023) Accessed None Critical: AStatLog::execInitialCheck Critical: (ACReplicationInfo DM-Liandri.ACReplicationInfo0 @ Function AnthCheckerC_v131.ACReplicationInfo.� : 002C) Critical: UObject::ProcessEvent Critical: (ACReplicationInfo DM-Liandri.ACReplicationInfo0, Function AnthCheckerC_v131.ACReplicationInfo.xxIC) Critical: RemoteCall Critical: HandleStream Critical: UActorChannel::ReceivedBunch Critical: (Actor ACReplicationInfo0) Critical: UChannel::ReceivedSequencedBunch Critical: Direct Critical: UChannel::ReceivedRawBunch Critical: DispatchDataToChannel Critical: BunchData Critical: UNetConnection::ReceivedPacket Critical: UNetConnection::ReceivedRawPacket Critical: UuDemoDriver:TickDispatch Critical: UpdatePreDemoRec Critical: ULevel::Tick Critical: (NetMode=3) Critical: TickLevel Critical: UGameEngine::Tick Critical: UpdateWorld Critical: MainLoop Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError Exit: UGalaxyAudioSubsystem::ShutdownAfterError Log: DirectDraw End Mode Exit: UOpenGLRenderDevice::ShutdownAfterError Exit: Exiting. Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down Uninitialized: Log file closed, 02/03/07 20:47:23